Saturday, April 17, 2010

Day 12: Making a Scene

It's a perception out there that breakfast isn't "cool". Everyone seems to "not be a breakfast person". Not me. Preferably I want to fill up within 30 minutes after stepping out of bed.

Today, Jay and I decided to "challenge the paradigm" and go out for breakfast. No, not go, ride. A push bike ride before breakfast is not for us freaks who love breakfast. When we finally arrived at our destination I was hollow, but quickly fixed it with eggs and salmon.

You would think everything was fine then. It wasn't. Jay (being the devil in disguise) had ordered a coffee. And he didn't drink it in a - according to me - satisfying tempo. Unfortunately someone inside me decided to raise my voice and tell Jay to finish his coffee ASAP. I'm guessing whatever made me raise my voice was not impressed being fed
another cup of Earl Grey, and was not in the mood to watch Jay drink his milky coffee dream.

A lady on the neighboring table noticed this and gave me a nasty look. Unfortunately for her, she was eating carrot cake. Unfortunately for me, I hadn't had carrot cake for a long time. I jumped over to her and threw her cake on the ground whilst screaming something in the lines of "If I can't have it you can't have it".

Okay, not entirely true. But you get the picture.
Why didn't the rest of the western world join me in this experiment?

No comments:

Post a Comment