Sunday, April 25, 2010

Day 17, 18, 19 & 20 (PUH!): Mousse inhaling, water fest and the refusal of a the Bounty.

I've been feeling guilty. I couldn't put my finger on it - but then I remembered - I accidentally INHALED a chocolate mousse! A totally OMG moment. J and I were accidentally served desserts, him jelly and I chocolate mousse. Since Jay has incorporated jelly into his detox a long time ago, he had a spoonful and still thought of himself as a worthy participant in our competition (we all know that I have won this challenge - that boy has even had coffee and bikkys after his tooth incident). I decided just to have a good sniff of mine. And a good one, I had. So good that the beautiful mousse disappeared into my nostrils and down it went. I didn't even get to taste it. This happened on Friday.

It wasn't until Saturday arvo I realised that it all had happened in deep, deep sleep.

So gone was the guilt. And another challenge arose. My friend S's b'day bash. A party I where I would enjoy the company of drunk people whilst sipping on my usual. I put a spin on my water with ice cubes and crazy as I am - ordered sparkling water at the pub. Funnily enough I still felt hungover the next day. Did someone say life's unfair?

And so we have arrived to today's debacle. Supermarket. Toblerone half price. Chocolate chip cookies two for the price of one. They all got their fair share of obsessive staring. Which again lead to myself getting a few looks. How rude of them, my fellow shoppers! They don't know that I cry inside every time I spot a Snickers in their trolley. I ended up putting the smallest little Bounty bar in our basket. I would like to start preparing for the 12th of May you see (my plan is a frozen Bounty for brekky). J saw it just as he was about to pay. Bounty had to stay.

No comments:

Post a Comment